When looking to proper prepare yourself for a bankruptcy case and you are looking at seeking the aid of a San Diego lawyer – highly recommended – here are some things to consider doing so that you are prepared for all to come in terms of the documents to have ready.
Picture ID and Social Security Card
- Pay stubs dating back from the past 6 months
- Commissions, bonuses or any other payments, starting from the most recent ones
- Proof of spousal support, social security, pension or any other kind of income sources such as anyone who is paying for your living accommodations
- Documentation of any additional income
For self-employment, you must bring 6 separate monthly profit and loss statements within the span of the past 6 months as well as bank statements that can verify those statements.
Federal income tax returns spanning 2 years
Real estate claims (assuming your name is on the property):
- An appraisal report of the property or a broker’s price or marketing proposal
- Proof of insurance with the policy limits
- Proof of sale or refinancing if done within the past 2 years
Transportation owned under your own name:
- DMV registration for each vehicle
- A blue book analysis for each vehicle, obtained at www.kbb.com
- Purchase of lease agreement if done within the past 120 days
- Insurance policy declarations including limits
Current bank statements for all accounts
Current statements for 401k, IRA, or retirement account
Divorce papers including property settlement or support payments
Trust documents if you either created or are a benefactor of the trust
Civil lawsuits if you have filed or been the subject of a filing (including judgements)
Medical or private debt information including a billing statement or a list that has all of your information and what you own to doctors of loved ones in this category
Having all of these kinds of paperwork ready will make your case much easier to look at for a San Diego lawyer, allowing you more access to the quick proceedings and detailed information that you’ll be looking for.